Dr. Ajay K. Agrawal
- Robert F. Barfield Endowed Chair in Mechanical Engineering
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Miami
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, India
Dr. Ajay Agrawal has conducted fundamental and applied research on combustion and fluid flows for NASA, the Department of Defense, and the Department of Energy. He has published more than 100 papers in technical journals and conferences, and he is a Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
As the Robert F. Barfield Endowed Chair, Agrawal works to advance his research in areas such as combustion and fluid flow in power generation, propulsion and space systems, and work in environmentally benign energy utilization.
Agrawal’s teaching and research center around energy efficiency and utilization. His current research and teaching interests are:
- Combustion and fluid flow in microgravity
- Combustion and fluid flow in gas turbine systems
- Lean premixed , hydrogen-enriched and alternate fuels
- Combustion inside porous materials, auto-ignition, and combustion control
- Quantitative Rainbow Schlieren Deflectometry for optical diagnostics
- Applied computational fluid dynamics
- Design of thermal fluid systems
Agrawal is also involved in a project for the NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates Fluid Mechanics with Analysis Using Computations and Experiments Program.