38,320 students are enrolled at UA / 5,389 in the College of Engineering.
BY PROGRAM (Undergraduate Only)
- Aerospace Engineering – 10 percent
- Architectural Engineering – 3 percent
- Chemical Engineering – 12 percent
- Civil Engineering – 11 percent
- Construction Engineering – 1 percent
- Computer Engineering – 9 percent
- Computer Science – 15 percent
- Electrical Engineering – 7 percent
- Environmental Engineering – 1 percent
- Mechanical Engineering – 29 percent
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering – 1 percent
- Undesignated – 1 percent
The average ACT score for first-time undergraduates in fall 2021 was 29.8. First-time undergraduates also had an average SAT score of 1346 and an average high school GPA of 3.98.
In Total Bachelor’s Degrees Awarded to Women
In Number of Engineering Bachelor’s Degrees Awarded
National Merit Finalists enrolled in the College of Engineering for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Undergraduate degree production has increased from 208 to 1,080. $70,152 is the average starting full-time salary for May 2020 COE graduates with a range of $40,100-$112,000.
College of Engineering students were in the Honors College in Fall 2020.
Forty-five percent of undergraduate students received merit-based scholarships in 2019-2020.
Alabama Astrobotics has won seven NASA Robotic Mining Competitions including the past six times in a row — more than any other team.
Part of a national four-year vehicle contest, the UA EcoCAR Mobility Challenge team placed first overall during the Year 3 Competition in 2021.
- Asian – 2 percent
- Black or African-American – 9 percent
- Hispanic or Latino/Latina – 5 percent
- International – 1 percent
- Other/Undesignated – 8 percent
- White – 75 percent
Enrollment and Graduation Statistics
The University of Alabama Office of Institutional Research and Assessment maintains annual enrollment and graduate data for the programs in the College of Engineering. Please visit the OIRA Statistical Profiles website to find statistics for student enrollment, degrees awarded and faculty data.