The opportunity exists to enrich our teaching and learning environment by providing private support that attracts and supports a diverse faculty and student body into our community. We strive to provide opportunities and resources that enhance the recruitment and retention of outstanding faculty and staff and facilitate a premier educational experience for students.
The following are the minimum gift amounts established by the University for various endowments.
- Faculty Chair: $1,500,000
- Faculty Chair ($1.5 million minimum) positions are intended to provide the University with the resources needed to recruit and retain its most esteemed scholars and teachers—faculty members of national and international distinction. Recipients of these chairs must have demonstrated significant contributions to their fields through exceptional teaching, research, leadership and/or scholarly excellence. These individuals are expected to be of national stature with an established track record of achievement. Annual income from these endowments supplements salaries for these positions or otherwise provides discretionary support to the named faculty member.
- Professorship: $500,000
- Professorships ($500,000 minimum) recognize and reward exceptional faculty members. Because they are highly prized within the higher education arena, endowed professorships are a powerful tool for recruitment and retention of high-quality faculty. These professorships are typically held by gifted faculty members whose accomplishments indicate great potential. Their efforts are focused on honing their teaching skills and on carving out areas of research or specialized performance. Annual income from these endowments supplements salaries for these positions or otherwise provides discretionary support to the named faculty member.
- Visiting Professorship: $250,000
- Visiting Professorships ($250,000 minimum) enhance the academic reputation of the University and expose students to a broad array of perspectives in various academic and cultural fields.
- Graduate Fellowship: $200,000
- Graduate Fellowships ($200,000 minimum) give exceptional students the flexibility and freedom to focus on their own research and studies. Fellowships also enable the University to continue to recruit the most talented and diverse graduate students from around the world.
- Research Fund: $100,000
- Research Funds ($100,000 minimum) provide faculty support to enhance research, teaching and the advancement of knowledge within the faculty ranks. Discretionary support can be used for a variety of academic purposes including purchase of academic materials and travel to academic conferences.
- Undergraduate Scholarship: $25,000
- Scholarships ($25,000 minimum) offer financial assistance for undergraduate and graduate students and may include criteria such as academic merit or financial need as a consideration. Endowed scholarships help defray the cost of tuition and make the dream of attending the University a reality for many students. Investing in the lives of present and future students is a rewarding option for donors to support the University.
- Program Support Fund: $25,000
- Program Support Funds ($25,000 minimum) provide key discretionary support for colleges and departments and may be used for a variety of purposes in support of a program’s mission.
Ways to give
There are a variety of ways to help you achieve your philanthropic goals in support of the department.
Endowed gifts are invested and managed by the University in perpetuity. They establish a legacy of learning, research and scholarship as they extend the impact of the donor’s generosity well beyond a lifetime. Endowments can be established with a one-time gift or pledged over a five-year period.
Annual contributions, of all sizes, provide crucial funding for priority needs within the department of chemical and biological engineering, including scholarships, innovative learning experiences, lab equipment, and other immediate expenses. Recurring gifts can be established on a monthly or yearly basis. Your gift will have a positive impact on the Capstone.
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions made by their employees.