Dr. John M. Wiest
- Associate Dean for Research and Economic Development
- Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Dean’s Office
Areas of Research
- Transport phenomena in polymeric systems
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of Wisconsin - Madison, 1986
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Colorado - Boulder, 1981
Dr. John Wiest has served the College of Engineering form more than 15 years. He has authored more than 40 publications and articles throughout his career, and he has been actively involved in several professional organizations.
Dr. Wiest’s engineering research deals with transport phenomena in polymeric and structurally complex systems with emphasis on molecular theories. He is an interdisciplinary researcher with projects through UA’s Center for Materials for Information Technology (MINT).
Dr. Wiest has actively been involved to enhance the quality of education offered at the Capstone by serving on numerous committees, including work on the University’s Graduate Council and the MINT executive committee.