Dr. Mark L. Weaver
Areas of Research
- Heat-resistant materials
- Mechanical properties
- Electron microscopy
- Ph.D., Materials Science and Engineering, University of Florida, 1995
- M.S., Materials Science and Engineering, University of Florida, 1992
- B.S., Metallurgical Engineering, University of Washington, 1988
Dr. Weaver’s primary research interests include microstructural characterization, oxidation and high-temperature corrosion, mechanical behavior, and tribology. His research spans bulk materials, coatings, thin film materials, and composites.
Dr. Weaver’s active research topics are:
- Development and performance of reactive element-modified and chromium + reactive element-modified aluminide coatings via physical vapor deposition processes.
- Microstructures and properties of cast Mg alloys produced via a novel containerless melting and casting process.
- Microstructures and properties of high-temperature shape memory alloys for use an aeronautic turbomachinery.