UA’s consolidated scholarship application includes all scholarships provided through the College of Engineering. Separate application for the Engineering Scholarship Program is not required.
Please visit UA’s Undergraduate Scholarships for Entering Freshman Students for full information on scholarship application requirements for entering freshmen.
Students must maintain enrollment in a College of Engineering degree program to receive any College of Engineering scholarship. For more information, read the policies for scholarship retention.
Incoming Freshman must declare a major within the UA College of Engineering by May 1, 2018, to qualify for the Engineering Scholarship Program.
Currently enrolled students not already part of the Engineering Scholarship Program may apply for scholarships each year in myBama. Awarding is subject to availability of funds.
|Engineering Scholarship Program for 2018-2019 Academic Year|
|College of Engineering four-year merit-based scholarship packages are awarded to incoming freshmen having at least a 3.5 GPA through junior year of high school and a qualifying test score. Award tier is determined by test score, as follows:|
|Engineering Leadership Tier
$2,500/year for 4 years
|ACT: 30-36 composite score
Old SAT: 1330-1600 critical reading + math score
New SAT: 1390-1600 score on redesigned exam
|These awards are guaranteed to freshmen entering fall 2018 directly from high school, regardless of residency. Engineering Scholarship Program awards will stack on top of scholarships offered by Undergraduate Admissions. Students must be formally admitted to UA by December 15, 2017; and must declare Engineering major by May 1, 2018, to qualify.|
|Note: Test scores must be from a single sitting (no super scoring) taken December 2017 or earlier.|
A Note About Test Scores
- The University of Alabama will accept from both the previous SAT and the redesigned SAT (any SAT taken on or after March 5, 2016).
- If you have taken the previous SAT and the redesigned SAT, we will use your highest score for your admission and scholarship application reviews. Highest score will be determined by utilizing test score conversion by College Board.
- The optional writing section in the redesigned SAT will not be required for admissions or scholarship purposes.
- The writing section of the ACT will no longer be required for admissions or scholarship purposes.
Contact for College of Engineering Scholarships
The University of Alabama provides answers to frequently asked questions. Please consult that webpage before contacting the College of Engineering. For faster response, please consider sending an email with questions concerning scholarships. Saskia Clayton is the college’s Scholarship Specialist.
Meetings by appointment only.
- For more general information, visit UA Scholarships.
- To fill out an application online, visit Application for Admission and Scholarships.
- Students from outside the United States are eligible for the Engineering Scholarship Program if all international admissions requirements are met.