Engineering has multimedia classrooms and conference rooms that University employees and registered student organizations can reserve. Please review room reservation and room use policy to learn more.
If you are not affiliated with a department of the College of Engineering and need to reserve a room for an event:
- Go to schedule.ua.edu
- Select “Request an Event” on the left side of the page.
- Select “Engineering Request Form” from the drop-down menu.
- Fill out the form.
- Student organizations will need to provide the name of their faculty or staff advisor along with their contact information.
- Under “Meeting Recurrence,” please select the date and time for your event(s,) and then click the “Create” button in the right-hand corner of the form.
- When requesting a room, select the box next to the meeting name and click “Request Rooms.” Here you can review the rooms available or unavailable, which are highlighted in red. Select the room and click “OK.”
- Click the “Submit” button in the upper left-hand corner.
Submitting a request does not guarantee a room reservation. You will be contacted by staff in the College of Engineering upon review of your request, which should be within two business days.
This process is separate from announcing an event on the University or College event calendars. To publicize an event on the campus-wide calendar, submit it to the UA Events Calendar.
When requesting a room, the following should be kept in mind:
- For upcoming events, the College of Engineering will not book an event more than 14 days out in most cases. If you would like to contact the College staff about a future event and the timeline, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All rooms and buildings close promptly at 9 p.m.
- Room reservations are granted based on availability and on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Equipment, chairs and tables must be put back exactly as they were arranged when the group arrived.
- If whiteboards are used, they should be wiped at the close of the meeting.
- Equipment used during the event should be turned off at the end of the session.
- You will be granted access to rooms via your ACT Card. To set up access, the event needs to be booked two weeks ahead of time.
- The room will open at the set start time and lock at the set end time. It is important to begin and end at the prearranged times.
- The individual or group reserving the room is responsible for the room while it is in their possession. Those responsible will be charged the cost of repairing any damages that may occur during this time.
- If you use or rearrange any furniture, please return it to the proper location. If food or beverages are served, please be sure cleanup is completed and all items have been put in the trash.